CPD Webinex - Building Sustainably with Timber - 2 March 2023 12.30-1.30pm
If sustainably sourced, timber is undoubtedly one of the most environmentally-friendly building materials currently available, being a natural carbon sink and truly renewable.
With an overwhelming global shift towards environmentally-focused sustainable designs, more and more specifiers are turning towards timber as a building material for its sustainability, aesthetic qualities, ease of transport and speed of construction.
This presentation run by Weathertex clarifies the benefits for using sustainable products during construction, compares timber to other building materials as well as examining greenwashing and the various third party accreditations available within the building industry.
At the end of the presentation attendees will be able to;
• Examine the reasons & benefits for using sustainable construction products
• Learn how timber embodies energy and is the ultimate renewable resource
• Learn about the carbon cycle and the benefits of timber
• Compare how timber cladding rates against other materials
• CLT in Australia
• Examine various third party sustainability certificate organisations and under the concept of 'greenwashing'
• Learn the difference between EPD vs LCA
• Learn how Australia rates against the rest of the world
CPD Presentation accredited by AIS. 1 Formal CPD Point.
Presenter: Andrew Savage, Business Development Manager – Architecture & Design NSW
With more than twenty-five years’ experience in the construction industry, Andrew Savage joined Weathertex in 2018 as NSW Business Development Manager, Architecture & Design. In this newly created role, Andrew works closely with Architect, Designer and Developer clients, providing support at every stage of the construction cycle. Andrew particularly enjoys presenting at CPD/promotional events and he is proud to be working with a market leader in hardwood cladding & lining solutions, offering unmatched sustainability, quality and value. The hardworking Team at Weathertex was delighted to be voted ‘No. 1 Most Trusted Construction Industry Brand’ consecutively for last 2 surveys by Architecture and Design’s over 13,000 subscribers.